If you ask me what I would rather be doing this very moment, I would say I would be traveling! I would be in another country looking at their wondrous culture, or in some island of the Philippines where I would either be swimming (more like wading) in a beach or climbing a mountain! I would be experiencing new things, food and adventure. And I am thankful that I am able to do that now. I know that some people do not understand how I would rather do this than say, buy new gadgets, but this is my vice. To me, this is love. It is something that I enjoy doing and I would continue to do until I am old. I am lucky to have my family love traveling as much as I do even though we do not always have the means to. I am thankful to my husband and superfriends who are likeminded, and I know that we will be going places together, both literally and figuratively!
And my advise to you, do it now! So that when you are old, you have lots of stories and memories to tell your grandkids! Been there, done that, as they say!
Mar 7, 2014
Dear Lent, For this year, I will try to do something special. I will avoid meat and chips. Hope I can do this as a form of penance. Dear Exercise, I wish running makes one slim right away and the fats just disappear after a 5km run! But why are you oh-so-difficult? Dear Thesis, Why are you so difficult? It is as if my mind is programmed to resist working on you and would rather work on all or any other stuff just to avoid you! Why am I doing this again? Huwaaaaaa!!! Dear Work, I am happy that I am busy because I get to learn some things, but why so many all of a sudden? Dear Coffee, Thank you for keeping me sane! Dear March, I am oh-so-ready for you to end!!!
Feb 14, 2014
Feb 13, 2014
1. Tickets and itinerary printed, hotels booked and transfers confirmed, dollars check, extra baggage check! Excited? Check check check! It's just 2 days to go before the Cambodia-Vietnam with the Superfriends and I am so excited, I just can't hide it!
2. Working on that thesis however difficult it is for me, hahaha.
3. Drex's prom attire is finally okay before we leave. And I will get to see because his prom is next Friday.
4. Praying the rosary everyday has made me more peaceful. Missed doing this. Used to pray the rosary daily when I was in college.
5. Watching the PBA with my husband last night, and became part of the record-breaking 24, 883 crowd at the Araneta Coliseum. Unfortunately, Ginebra lost. But hey, life goes on!
6. Finding a flute for Ishi! Yey! I didn't have to go to SM!
7. Coke.and Pizza. And Pichi-pichi. And cake. And getting fat! Hahahaha!
8. My new mug from Guam, a pasalubong from my friend.
9. Having the money a $20 Northface bag. Hopefully, its enough for an original and not 'same-same but different'! Hahahah.
10. My husband for trying to work it out with me.
To see how this started and for credits on the image, click here.
Feb 11, 2014
Feb 10, 2014
Call me anything you want, but I think I love Phineas and Ferb more than my kids do! The first time I watched it with my kids, I am hooked! I love Candace and her never-ending quest to 'bust' her brothers and how everything magically disappears just before their mom comes in. Too funny for me! And I love, love, love Agent P and of course, Dr. Doofenshmirtz! Sorry, there is no other cartoon that comes close to my obsession with Phineas and Ferb. And the theme song, is the bomb!
But, since I am a working mom of 3 kids, one of which is a teenager, and with a husband who loves basketball and Pinoy movies, I am almost always at the bottom of the remote-wielding totem pole! So, what's a mom to do?
Did you know that you can now Watch TV #TheWayYouWantIt ? Thanks to Skycable!
SKYcable iRecord gives you the power to pause, record, and rewind live TV, so you never miss out on any of your favorite shows and scenes. SKYcable has the first and only Personal Video Recorder (PVR) feature in the country.
The SKYcable iRecord also has timeshift which lets you pause live TV in case you need to step out for a while and resume where you left off.
With a press of a button, it lets you record like your favorite tv series – while watching the news.* . The SKYcable iRecord also lets you schedule recordings so it automatically saves the shows you want even if you’re not around.
You can bookmark, fast forward and rewind recorded shows so you can get back to your favorite scenes in a snap. Plus savor every exciting moment in slow motion and frame by frame playback.
So now, I don't have to fight with everyone to watch cartoons! I can do it on my own time, without guilt, and even with or without the company of my kids! Mornings when I am preparing breakfast is a good time to Watch TV #TheWayIWantIt!
Aside from the Skycable iRecord feature that I will surely, surely love, here are some other features that you will enjoy:
1. The most number of standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD) channels.
2. Ability to add channels and packs that you like to your basic plan.
Feb 7, 2014
1. The Mt. Makiling climb last Sunday. Our first climb of the year, and the weirdest of the climbs by far!
2. And no MBA class on that day too!
3. Oh, and I turned a year older last Saturday and I just laze around the house the whole day! Couldn't have asked for a more perfect day than be with the ones I love.
4. A simple, home-made family birthday dinner!
5. Tuyo. Yummy.
6. The upcoming travel with the Superfriends. Super excited.
7. The hubby waking up in the morning to cook breakfast. Minsan lang, samantalahin, hahaha.
8. My IPhone. Hahaha. Should be writing my thesis, but.
9. McDo fries.
10. No gym for a week, yet no worries! I know I will have to suffer for this, but not today. Hahaha, not today!
To see how this started and for credits on the image. click here.