10 Reasons You Are'nt Rich

Sep 15, 2008

by Jeffrey Strain
The Street.Com

So, I want to be rich. Just like, well, everybody.
According to this article, here are 10 reasons why I am not. He said it has nothing to do with the amount of money I make but on the way I treat money on my daily life. Let us examine this article closely and see whether I am really on a very wrong track.

1.
You Care What Your Neighbors Think-Do I care what my neighbors think? Are you kidding me? Of course I do. I think everybody does. But it doesn't mean I compete with them and buy things just to impress them. I'm after the comfort and well being of my family. So yes, maybe sometimes, I buy more than I can afford, but hey, don't you?
2. You Aren't Patient-No, I'm not.
3. You Have Bad Habits-No, I don't have bad habits. I don't drink (more than the occasional wine), smoke or gamble. I don't even use my money to buy books!
4. You No Goals-Of course I have my goals. My goal is to become rich! Okay, he said its more than saying "I want to be a Millionaire." Maybe, I haven't articulated my goal very well. Okay, so maybe, I will be more specific. I want to able to save P2,000.00 every payday. That specific enough, or realistic enough?
5. You Haven't Prepared- No I haven't.
6. You Try to Make a Quick Buck-Yes, I play the Lotto. But please don't tell my mother that she is more likely to be struck by lightning than to win the lottery. It will break her heart.
7. You Rely On Others to Take Care of Your Money-No, not really. There's not a lot to take care of anyway.
8. You Invest On Things You Don't Understand-Not really. More of, I don't have the guts.
9. You're Financially Afraid-Yes I am.
10. You Ignore Your Finances-Yes. I Do.

Sigh. I think we all know now why I am not rich. According to this article, its not only that I don't have enough money, but that I don't give enough value to what I already have.
So now we all what I need to work on.

Next stop, financial independence.


Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster