Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Oct 6, 2008




I am currently reading Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer and I should say, I am very impressed so far! I cannot put down the books, anymore than I could stop myself re-reading my Harry Potters! I love vampire stories, although I was'nt overly impressed with the The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (maybe due to my impatience!) I felt the pacing is too slow for me! I want more action! My favorite vampire movies are Queen of the Damned (yeah, gory!) and Interview with the Vampire(I love Johnny Depp!). I was already intirgued by the book having heard some people gushing about it.

One of my favorite lines in the book:

Edward: And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
Bella: Stupid lamb.
Edward: Sick, masochistic lion.

The story is about Edward and Bella. The first, a vampire and the girl, human. Of course, vampires suck the blood of humans whether according to books, movies or legends, and Edward is especially attracted to Bella's scent. This is a love story so you see where the problem lies.

The 4-part series is made up of Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. I am now about to start reading Eclipse :-) And I am so loving the book covers, dont you?

I wont give you anymore spoilers but I am really loving it right now. The book is written for young adults (they are in high school at the start of the book) but hey, Harry Potter was supposed to be for kids :-)

And oh, a movie is in the making, coming out in November! Excitement!



Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster