Sep 30, 2008
This forwarded email made my day :-)
Do you Google your Ex? Do you search for them in Friendster or Multiply and other social networking sites? And do you add them as friends when you did find them?
Hmmm. Thoughts anyone?
This musing was inspired by that very bad idea ;-)
I was this close to the stage! Hu hu hu!
Writing here is like keeping a diary. Only, its available for the whole world to see. Open to criticisms, jeers and taunts. Praises, although much welcome, makes me cringe sometime, thinking myself unsuitable. There goes the doubt, and the uncertainty again.
How much of myself am I willing to share to the world? What aspects of my life am I going to talk about here and not fear that it will haunt me in the future? Should I open my life by way of anecdotes and snippets for a few laughs?
Virginia Woolf said:
"It is worth mentioning, for future reference, that the creative power which bubbles so pleasantly in beginning a new book quiets down after a time, and one goes on more steadily. Doubts creep in. Then one becomes resigned. Determination not to give in, and the sense of an impending shape keep one at it more than anything."
So am I on the right track in doubting myself?
I will let you know as soon as I know.
Cleaning out my inbox, here are some cheesy pick-up lines we used to get in daily dose from THE MAN, Boss Mickey!
"Miss, miss, pa-chek ng bag mo. Nasama ata ang puso ko!"
"May kilala ka bang gumagawa ng relo?? May sira ata relo ko. Pag ikaw
kasi kasama ko, humihinto ang oras ko!"
by Jeffrey Strain
So, I want to be rich. Just like, well, everybody. According to this article, here are 10 reasons why I am not. He said it has nothing to do with the amount of money I make but on the way I treat money on my daily life. Let us examine this article closely and see whether I am really on a very wrong track.
1. You Care What Your Neighbors Think-Do I care what my neighbors think? Are you kidding me? Of course I do. I think everybody does. But it doesn't mean I compete with them and buy things just to impress them. I'm after the comfort and well being of my family. So yes, maybe sometimes, I buy more than I can afford, but hey, don't you?
2. You Aren't Patient-No, I'm not.
3. You Have Bad Habits-No, I don't have bad habits. I don't drink (more than the occasional wine), smoke or gamble. I don't even use my money to buy books!
4. You No Goals-Of course I have my goals. My goal is to become rich! Okay, he said its more than saying "I want to be a Millionaire." Maybe, I haven't articulated my goal very well. Okay, so maybe, I will be more specific. I want to able to save P2,000.00 every payday. That specific enough, or realistic enough?
5. You Haven't Prepared- No I haven't.
6. You Try to Make a Quick Buck-Yes, I play the Lotto. But please don't tell my mother that she is more likely to be struck by lightning than to win the lottery. It will break her heart.
7. You Rely On Others to Take Care of Your Money-No, not really. There's not a lot to take care of anyway.
8. You Invest On Things You Don't Understand-Not really. More of, I don't have the guts.
9. You're Financially Afraid-Yes I am.
10. You Ignore Your Finances-Yes. I Do.
Sigh. I think we all know now why I am not rich. According to this article, its not only that I don't have enough money, but that I don't give enough value to what I already have.
So now we all what I need to work on.
Next stop, financial independence.
Okay, lets do this.
I dont know what to write.
I dont have content, content and content.
I have been a blog reader for 6 years now.
My favorite blogs are Kwentong Tambay, Sassy Laywer, Renaissance Girl, Perezhilton to name a few. If you have read them, like I regularly do, you would be intimidated. These people write so well. They are like internet gods already.
So, why am I doing this?
I am not a masochist. I dont want to die a slow and painful cyberdeath.
I want to enjoy my cybernonimity. (Is there such a word?!)
But like it said in Desiderata, "Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story."
So now, I am dull and ignorant, but I also have a story to tell.
And guess what, my story could be your story.