Time to consider website hosting

Apr 2, 2009

When is it time to consider website hosting? That is the question that has been plaguing me this past month. I have been blogging for 6 months , and still learning the ropes, as they say. I have no Internet background, and I just write what I feel like. Thankfully, Blogger is very user friendly and even new bloggers like me can publish without the need to be an expert on the Internet. However, the reality is that, if you want to be more credible, you must have your own domain. Thus, the need for web hosting.

After reading various definitions on the web, I realized two things about Web Hosting. One, you need a web hosting service for your own website and two, you are given space on a server in exchange for a fee, and you are assured that your website is always accessible. Okay, that is exactly what I need . Now, the only question is how to choose the best web host? I found Web Hosting 101 from webhosting.geeks.com and I am reading it right now. One article says a lot about Avoiding Common Web Hosting Traps, which I hope I don't get sucked into. This is a cool site if you wish to choose a website hosting for yourself so check it out!


3 comments: to “ Time to consider website hosting

  • MsSheepy
    April 02, 2009  

    i am using http://hostican.com/ , so far, their customer service is great, site is really 99.9% up and they offer free domain when u sign up for one of their hosting plans.

  • zorlone
    April 02, 2009  

    Hello Dinah,
    I have been thinking about that too! First of all, like you I don't have a technical internet background other than using blogspot and the usual mails and social networking services. Second, I might not be able to maintain my site as regulary as I need to. Of course, if I do get my own domain, I better take care of it.

    This is a good post and I will be looking into those sites you mentioned here.

    Good luck! I hope you'd get your own site and blog about it so we'll know more.

    Z

  • godgets
    April 02, 2009  

    try ploghost :) buy pinoy :)

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster