What to Do When You Have Nothing to Write About

May 13, 2009

There are days when you have several ideas in mind that you can write about and then there are days like this when you cant think of one single thing to post. So how do I deal with this? I would like to share with you what I do when I have nothing to write about.


  1. Blog-Hop and see whats happening in the blogosphere. Visit your favorite blogs and read what they have written. You may be inspired to write something about a similar topic or experience. Or you may want to join blog contests and write about them in your blog.
  2. Read the news and blog about current events. Most blog posts I have seen lately are reactions to news articles on what is happening in and out of the country. Like the Manny Pacquaio victory, the swine flu scare, the Congress and Senate Circus, etc.
  3. Watch your favorite TV shows and blog about it. Results of TV contests like American Idol are always bloggable. Or a new episode in your favorite series can inspire you to write about something.
  4. Your life. Is there anything interesting (or not) that is happening in your life that is worth sharing or ranting about? Like Macuha ranting about that jerk who parked in front of his driveway. Do you have a new project or advocacy that you would like to share about?
  5. Sale, sale, sale! Have you chanced upon a sale on a mall, or the crazy sale in Adidas for original men's rubber shoes for only P1,000.00 (ask me!) or the Cebu Pacific Happy Hour ticket sale? Why not share it with us?
There are other sources of ideas on what you can write about in your blog. Or if you really cant decide what to write, why not write about what you can do when you cant think of something to write about?


3 comments: to “ What to Do When You Have Nothing to Write About

  • Ria
    May 13, 2009  

    I know what you mean!!! Lately, however, I realized that when I have nothing to write about, posting a picture works just as well.

    BTW, I love your blog header :-)

  • josie
    May 13, 2009  

    good suggestion specially to new bloggers like me.

  • B
    May 14, 2009  

    Lots of days I think "Oh, I should blog about that." it's the actual blogging part that gets me haha. Life (and two kids) get in the way and before I know it, I've forgotten my ideas. I need one of those old school voice recorders...

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster