Harry Potter or Twilight?

Jul 14, 2009

Inspired by the Daily Top Ten at RX 93.1 on which is better, Twilight or Harry Potter, I just have to say my piece. For me, Harry Potter is the better series, book or movie. There are just too many reasons why.

But now, I can only think of some:

1. I wouldn't mind my kids reading Harry Potter for its lessons on friendship, humility, love, loyalty and strength. As for Twilight, sure Bella and Edward have redeeming qualities, but HP has more for them to emulate.

2. In Harry Potter, you are taught not to judge people by how they look or by the accident of their birth (pure blood or not). Okay, Twilight does that too; do not judge Jacob because he is a werewolf and the vampires because they are.

3. HP's character are more noble. In Twilight, Edward and Bella brought all the problems or trouble upon themselves because they fell in love while Harry Potter had no choice. He was born to all of this.

I will update this every time I think of a reason why I love Harry Potter more. What about you, which one do you prefer?

I am currently reading the books on True Blood, but the story doesn't grip me as much as HP or Twilight. I don't know, maybe I had my fill of vampires and wizards.



2 comments: to “ Harry Potter or Twilight?

  • fedhz
    July 14, 2009  

    Yeah, I think HP is for kids and since Twilight is about romance, this is for young adults and adults. ^^

  • pehpot
    July 15, 2009  

    hmm hindi ko pa nabasa kahit alin eh but judging from the charcters and the way the story goes, mas ok and friendly ang HP..

    ako naman ung asawa ko makulit, minsan di nya magets tas tatanong sa akin, so dapat talaga before kame watch gets ko na lahat lahat

    Make or Break

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster