How to Love Going to the Gym

Sep 16, 2009



I have been going to the gym every day during week days here at the office since July 24. I have missed only twice, once because I need to attend a wedding in the evening and I didn't want to bring too many change of clothes, and another for a birthday lunch. So far, the results are great. I am also amazed at how I love going to the gym and I think its because of the following:


1. Since I go to the gym during lunch time, I cannot go down to the nearby Robinson's Mall anymore. It means I save a lot of money on unnecessary purchases, which I used to suffer from every time I go to the mall. I only buy groceries at the palengke, which means I cannot use my credit card, so I end up buying only the essentials. Really, in less than 2 months, I saved a lot!

2. I get to watch a movie or a TV show during lunch. There is a TV in our gym and I usually get to choose what to watch. Since I am there for one and a half hour, I get to watch the news or the local noontime show, or a series, like True Blood, or an HBO movie.

3. I get to use the sauna 3 times a week. And I apply hot oil to my hair while there, which means another savings for me.

4. I meet new people from other business units who uses the gym during lunch. It's another form of networking.

5. I eat a smaller serving of lunch since I eat later than everybody else. It's almost time to get back to work after my exercise so I have to hurry.

6. I love seeing the results of my daily efforts. I can now run 5k in 40 minutes. I know its still too slow, but I finished a 5k run in an hour and a half some months ago so this is already a big improvement for me. Besides, I can't run straight for 2 minutes before, but now I can do 10 minutes!

7. My clothes fit a lot better now than two months ago. There is a a noticeable difference already on my muscle tone.

8. My allergies clear up faster after I have run.

These are just some of the reasons why I love going to the gym and running. Aside from the obvious health benefits, it makes me save money and meet new friends.

What about you?


2 comments: to “ How to Love Going to the Gym

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster