No longer a child

Sep 19, 2009



This is my eleven year old son, Drexelle. He is a sweet kid, and is still very childish at times. He always says "I Love You" to me. He is closer to me than to his father.

This morning, we went to buy some plants for my garden project. While waiting for the soil we bought, my son asked me if he can still change his YM password. His password was a combination of his name and that of his first crush. I asked him why, and he said, he has a new crush. Then he described her. She is intelligent, has long hair and is smooth. "Smooth"?, I asked him and he said he touched her hands. He was smiling when he said this, and there was no malice in his words. He said the girl was his classmate since Grade 1, but he just recently had a crush on her. She is his seatmate, and maybe that's how he had a crush on her.


I am happy that he is opening up to me. He also told me about his previous crush and why he doesn't like her anymore. I know he is growing up now and I just hope that he will continue to trust me with these things. He will be in high school next year and he may already have a taste of a relationship by then. I just hope that he will continue to seek my guidance and counsel. I hope I am doing right by him!


6 comments: to “ No longer a child

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster