Barrio Bayanihan for Ondoy Victims

Oct 2, 2009

Barrio Bayanihan

Although we are all reeling from the effects of Typhoon Ondoy, we Filipinos are known for our "Bayanihan Spirit". So I ask all of you to support a collective group of bloggers in Barrio Siete in their call to help the victims of this typhoon.


Just this morning before I head for work, my mother and my kids were sorting out their clothes and choosing what they can already spare. Those were the same wet clothes I washed and dried for two days. We will give them to residents of Tatalon in Quezon City which is near our place. Their houses were submerged and until now, most of them are in evacuation centers. Thankfully, power was restored yesterday and some are already trying to return back to their houses.

I consider myself very lucky for having only lost replaceable furniture, and all my family safely at home now. I hope that those who were not affected will find it their hands to give what they can. I am also calling for help and assistance for the residents of Dela Costa Homes 5 in Montalban, Rizal where I also have a house. They are in dire need of food and clean water. There is now power and water supply there yet so we haven't visited our house there. I cannot anymore regret the loss of all our things at that house, only thankful that we were in Santol and not in Montalban when the calamity struck.

So please, please, please, give some help at Barrio Siete.



1 comments: to “ Barrio Bayanihan for Ondoy Victims

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster