Investing in Gold

Oct 29, 2009

I came across an article that says one of the best ways to save some money for your retirement is by buying gold. This is actually not the first time I heard of it but as I am more into investing in stocks and bonds, I didn't took it quite seriously back then.

But reading further, it seems that the value of gold coins has surpasses all other investment instruments in the market! A gold coin can also be a collectors item, and a rare one even sold for as much as $5 million in an auction in 2002. Wow, now that is really what you call an investment.

In a conversation with a trader friend of mine, he explained further that a bullion coin is a coin struck from precious metal and kept as a store of value or an investment, rather than used in day-to-day commerce. He told me that investment in gold bullion is almost a sure thing. He emphasized that they sell at a premium over market prices and the price is generally believed to continually rise. He is sure that most gold investors buy it as a hedge or safeguard against economic, political, social or currency-based crises, and is therefore a much more sound investment.

I am actually thinking of reading more about investing in gold because I want to be assured of a nest egg for my retirement.


0 comments: to “ Investing in Gold

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster