The Dream House

Mar 31, 2010


Remember the dream house, pictured above, that was ravaged by Typhoon Ondoy last year? Well, I received the proceeds from my insurance claim last January and so we are having the house repaired this week. And I think the insurance money is not enough. We have spent half of it already for the materials and its just two days since construction started! The costs of the materials are just so high these days and we are paying the laborers daily! I can only imagine if I need to buy a diamond saw blade. I hope that would not set me back budget-wise too much.

So my husband and I will spend our Holy Week at the house. We will try to help as much as we can to try and minimize the labor costs. We invited some friends over to help so it will be my job to take care of the food. It is also my job to stretch the budget, a big feat if you ask me! This is really a labor of love for us. Building a dream house with little money is really a big dream and we only wish we can achieve it finally! We have been renting since we got married and after three kids, I really want a place of our own. So wish us luck again in this journey!


1 comments: to “ The Dream House

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster