Sports Betting

Apr 21, 2010

My husband is a big sports fan. He follows basketball and boxing games religiously. You can see him glued to the television whenever his favorite basketball team or boxer has a game. He also loves watching live games (with our eldest son, thank God) and he would come home and give me an account of the game. Is it obvious that I am not much into sports? While my husband can quote statistics and even love life of his sports idol, I can't even remember their names! Good thing my eldest son is now showing interest in sports and father and son can now have a healthy discussion! But one thing I am curious about is why despite being a sports fan, he is not that much into sport bets. I know that boxing thrives on betting, correct me if I am wrong. I know that my husband would sometimes place a bet on a game called ending. Ending is a two digit game that stands for the last digit of the scores of the winning and the losing team. Whoever guess correctly, wins. As with any betting game with a bad rep, I think this is considered illegal. I really don't understand why this is so. I mean, you place a bet and take an equal risk of winning and losing so why is this illegal? It's just me of course because I will put food on the table first before gambling. I guess gambling becomes illegal and immoral, when you do it the other way.


0 comments: to “ Sports Betting

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster