First Computerized Election Experience

May 10, 2010


We woke up early, just had coffee and was at the precinct to participate in the country's first ever computerized elections. We were there at 815am, and there were maybe some 50 voters ahead of us. But there was only one teacher, and senior citizens who were allowed to vote first took long to cast their votes. There were also missing names in the list even if they have their voters identification cards. There were also a lot of those "singit" so it took us 3 and a half hours to vote. Despite the heat and the long lines, I personally consider my voting experience hassle-free. Even when my ballot caused a paper jam which was immediately remedied after I took it out again and press clear.

Here are some pictures of our voting experience:

This was on the street on the way to the school. I guess the trees and the electric cables were already taken.

There were enough instructions on where the clustered precincts were so we already knew we were at the top most floor. There were 10 PCOS machines in the whole school.

A PPCRV volunteer helping us find our precinct numbers to make it easy for the BEI to find our names in the voters list.
An Erap worker sporting her allegiance with this tattoo sticker.
The banners of candidates outside the school. I wonder who will clean up this mess? I hope they do it immediately so that they will not clog our drainage.


1 comments: to “ First Computerized Election Experience

  • Ebie
    May 13, 2010  

    I heard the line was long ata the voting polls! I hope the people have chosen the right candidates to rule our Country!

    Good luck to all winners!!!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster