Mommy Moments: I Love Books!

Aug 13, 2010

mommy moments

I love books! I started my love of reading when I was in elementary, borrowing Komiks from my neighborhood sari-sari store. And then I went through the Sweet Valley phase, the Stephen King phase, the spy thriller phase and I just continued reading. I have a whole bookcase and a balikbayan box under my office table to prove it. Sadly, not one of my three children love reading!
But they my Ishi loves coloring books, and my eldest loves K Zone magazines. I do hope they count!
But I am not giving up on them. I buy them childrens illustrated books and story books. I just hope they will pick them up someday.


11 comments: to “ Mommy Moments: I Love Books!

  • niko
    August 13, 2010  

    ang galing naman. mga kids mo gaya mo rin na mahilig sa books :) nice job mommy!!

  • Rossel
    August 13, 2010  

    don't lose hope mommy. just keep on doing your part and i am sure they'll pick the books soon.

    ay naalala ko tuloy noong bata pa ako. nagbabasa din ako ng sweet valley high, sweet dreams, mills and boons, hanggang napunta na ako sa sidney sheldon at john grisham.

  • Tetcha
    August 13, 2010  

    Just give them time, Mommy! Soon, they'll discover the many wonderful things that await them when they start opening their books.

  • Gin E
    August 13, 2010  

    Sweet Valley phase - dumaan din ako dyan...from SV kids to SV High. =)

  • Divine
    August 13, 2010  

    its a start! K-zone! sometimes, k-zone endorses some books and the kids got curious. Be patient lang mommy... :)

  • bonz - for little zoie
    August 13, 2010  

    that's a lot of books!

    i also collect sweet valley books before... i still got a few in my storage cabinet.

    don't worry, mommy, they'll get a hang of it soon.

    happy MM!

  • Chris
    August 14, 2010  

    well never lose hope, my hubby didnt like books when he was growing up but now that he is grown up, he loves to read! :D

  • Denise
    August 14, 2010  

    I have always loved reading books, and my son caught my habit and I am sure your children will too. Lovely post! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
    An English Girl Rambles

  • simply kim
    August 15, 2010  

    what an impressive library you got there. i commend you for setting up a good example for your kids. just make the books available to your children, in time, they will get to appreciate them. nice post!

  • Dhemz
    August 18, 2010  

    awwwwww..dami collections! thanks sa dalaw...sensya na po at huli na sa pila...busy kasi eh....:)

    btw, if you did not join my giveaway contest yet...hope you can join us!

  • Babiesaandcontests
    August 18, 2010  

    in time, they will learn to love books too. it's my first time here, hope we can exchange links too.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster