Grandfather Clocks

Sep 8, 2010

I have always believed that grandfather clocks are family heirlooms, good enough to be passed down from one generation to another. Unfortunately, I have yet to see one grandfather clock in real life. I have only seen them in movies and on TV, would you believe that? So when I saw some howard miller clocks, I knew it was a sign that I should start a family tradition and buy one for my own! The problem is, I am not sure if it will be a good fit in the design of my house. Another thing is, my kids often see grandfather clocks in horror movies. These clocks always signal the arrival of the vampire or the villain or of darkness and they might associate the clock with such? So how do I erase their impression of a grandfather clock? I guess I should just bring them to the store and ask them to help me choose. Being part of the selection process might make them appreciate the importance of the grandfather clock. Making the selection a family affair will also associate the happy memories with the clock. As for the design not fitting the house, I guess I have to choose the closest one possible!


0 comments: to “ Grandfather Clocks

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster