Quiapo Church

Sep 30, 2010

This is the Quiapo Church in Manila. Its is known as the Basilica of the Black Nazarene and devotees flock to the church every Friday. You should see the sea of people every January 9 to wonder at the devotion of so many people.

But I love going to Quaipo for more than just the church. There are lots of things to buy and see. Everything you could possibly need can be found here. You can buy school stuff anytime of the year but before opening of classes, the prices are so low!
It is also an Ukay-ukay haven, selling used clothes very cheaply for P10!

You can also have your fortune told for a fee! There are also vendors of medicinal plants and abortifacients just beside the church. I cant take their pictures because I fear they wont let me! yes, the irony is not lost on everybody.

There are food: vegetables, fruits, local delicacies and a lot more!

I also love going there because of these optical shops that sells prescription glasses for as low as P350.00

I love Quiapo and this is just one of the best places to visit in my country for an authentic Filipino cultural experience.


0 comments: to “ Quiapo Church

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster