Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 Press Scree

Jul 14, 2011

My stars aligned again last Tuesday when upon my open hands dropped the coveted tickets to the press screening(yay, i get to see the movie first!) of the final installment of the Harry Potter film franchise! It was like the same hands of fate dealt me when I got free tickets to the first Eraserheads reunion concert in September 2008. Yes, aside from my family only a few things makes me happy and chief among them are Harry Potter, Eraserheads and free tickets, ha ha ha! Happiness, thy name is Dinah watching the HP press screening
There was still time to take photos with the hard core fans. I would have don a costume had I known that I could watch it earlier.It was only fitting that I will watch my first 3D movie in Imax, with the last Harry Potter film!
We probably had the worst seat in the house because we were seated at the first row and had to crank our heads this way and that but you wont hear us complaining. See, polite people that we were, we ate our free food outside of the cinema before going inside to find seats. Yes, poor technique which we realized belatedly but nevertheless, it didn't dampen our excitement nor enjoyment!
So how was the movie? It was more than I expected and yet less than what I would have wanted to see. I cried a few times and gripped my seat a few times too despite knowing the story by heart. And for my husband who has no idea who Dumbledore was, it was good. And coming from him, that was a very high praise indeed. But like a true Harry Potter fan, I was actually sad after watching the movie because it was the end. That is how I feel after reading a book that I liked so much and not wanting the story to end. But even good things have to end.

I will keep this ticket as a souvenir and while I loved all the the movies and this last one more that the rest, the movie that played in my head while I was reading the books was still way better. I will always be comforted by the words of Dumbledore to Harry, "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."


1 comments: to “ Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 Press Scree

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster