My Mom's Hearing Aid is Finally Here!

Dec 8, 2011

Remember my posts on How to Apply for a Hearing Aid from PCSO? Well, my mom finally got her hearing aid yesterday from the American hearing center. We applied in September and we got it now, and it was a very short 3 months!
She was actually fitted the ear mold last November 18 but the unit was only delivered from abroad last December 6. My mom and my sister went to American Hearing and the proper use of the device was explained to them, as well as the warranty. Unfortunately, since the amount granted by PCSO was for P10,000 and two units cost P17,976 and I don't have any excess budget for that, we just got batteries that I hope will be enough for several months. My mom wears the hearing aid for only 1 hour a day, escalating to two hours the following day and so on per instructions of American Hearing. She can wear it for the whole day after two weeks so it will be a lot easier talking to my mom in the coming weeks! What a very great Christmas gift this is for my mom and our family! Salamat ulit sa PCSO!

To see how we applied for the hearing aid at PCSO, check out these posts here, and here and here.


1 comments: to “ My Mom's Hearing Aid is Finally Here!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster