Dec 29, 2011
My husband and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary last Friday. It was actually not planned because we had a very difficult time together on the run in to this date but things are much better today. Since it was also last day of work for the weekend, I brought the kids with me to work and we had lunch with my sister and her kids. Then my mom and sister also went to meet us late in the afternoon so they can join us for dinner. We went to Greenhills shopping center so the kids can watch the show. Either they were too old or the show is bad, but they didn't like it. We were supposed to eat dinner at Chic-Boy but we were already too tired to go out of Greenhills so we just ate at one of the food stalls there. We choose this tapsilogan and we loved it! And my husband also bought this kikiam and fried dumplings which was so good too!
While it was just a simple family dinner and no special celebration, we enjoyed our anniversary because of the gift of family which is what this is all about anyway!
Dec 28, 2011
1. Our 14th wedding anniversary.
2. Simple family celebration over tapsilog in Greenhills.
3. All the gifts that I received even though I gave none this year except to my kids, mom and sister and my inaanaks.
4. All the gifts and monies that my kids receive.
5. Their happiness at receiving anything!
6. Their excitement over opening their gifts.
7. My mom getting teary-eyed over my simple gift.
8. The 24" lcd tv that my husband won at their office Christmas raffle.
9. Its mine now. His anniversary gift daw. Kuripot!
10. Not knowing how to be far away from my family on Christmas day and knowing that my kids are happy with what we have are the best gifts that I have received this season.
I am sad for those who are far away from their kids on Christmas day and I know that no amount of money or gift can ever compare with the presence of your loved ones beside you. And so I admire more those who have to work abroad and in far away places and those left behind, for their sacrifice.
For credits on the image and to see how this started, click here.
Dec 26, 2011
My officemate Vangie won this super cute Santa candy holder at one of the office parties in pur building! We love it so much because it so cute and super useful. Her niece would surely love it on their Christmas table. Oh, and candies not included :)
Happy Mellow Yellow everyone! Merry Christmas!
Dec 25, 2011
Dec 23, 2011
Dec 21, 2011
If you want to be happy, be. As I am. Happiness is:
1. All those Christmas parties
2. All those Christmas presents
3. All those food
4. The Sunday get-together with friends and families at Rona's
5. Wrapping up presents
6. Not winning any raffle prize, ha ha.
7. Winning blog contests twice in row!
8. Ham from my sweet boss. Yes, I only need to buy Quezo de Bola!
9. Only gaining 2 lbs so far because of the daily 5k run! Win!
10. Being wooed.
For credits on the menu and to see how this started, check here.
Dec 16, 2011
Before an IPL:
1. Do not shave or pluck and just let the hair grow normally.
During an IPL:
1. If you are wearing a deodorant, the therapist will wipe it off.
2. If the hair growth is long, she will cut if off.
3. She will apply a generous amount of ultrasound gel to the underarm.
4. You will be asked to wear an eye protector.
5. She will zap the area with the machine below and will repeat the procedure for both underarm.There was a slight pain when she zaps the hair, like being hit with a rubber band. Then the therapist will wipe off the gel and you are good to go. The procedure took less than 15 minutes.
After an IPL:(I was given a paper with the following instructions)
1. Refrain from plucking and waxing during treatment regimen.
2. Refrain from using any products that contains AHA and any exfoliation products from 12 weeks.
3. Avoid aggressive scrubbing, use of exfoliants, scrub brushes and loofa sponges after your treatment. You could cause permanent damage like scarring, hyper-hypo pigmentation and possibly infection.
4. Use hydrating moisturizes as often as needed.
5. You may also use cool packs for any swelling or inflammation.
6. No sun exposure for two weeks before or 72 hours post treatment using SPF 45 at minimum during treatment regimen.
I will write on a separate post my comments about Eslendre and its facilities and the therapists later.
Update: Part 2 of the Eslendre Review.
Dec 15, 2011
Buo ang tiwala sa mga taong mahal nila, na kahit kailan sila ay sasaluhin, at hindi hahayaang malaglag. Nakakainggit ang kanilang kakayahang magtiwala.
Sana, ako ay isang bata upang kaya kung bitawan ang mga bagay na masakit nang maging bahagi pa ng aking buhay. Pero natatakot kasi ako, baka walang sumalo kapag bumitiw ako sa pagkakakapit.
Sana kaya nating maging batang muli.
Dec 14, 2011
Happiness is a decision and despite problems, I choose to count my blessings! Happiness is:
1. My kids for their unconditional love.
2. My mom for her faith in me.
3. My sister's Kris and Diane for their support and love.
4. My friends for their understanding.
5. My blogs for keeping me sane.
6. My job for the money, ha ha.
7. My wonderful bosses for the sanity!
8. Christmas gifts for the love.
9. Contest prizes for keeping the blogging alive, hehe.
10. For knowing what I am worth.
For credits on the image and to know how this started, click here.
Dec 13, 2011
The First Communion, or First Holy Communion, is a Catholic Church ceremony. It is the colloquial name for a person's first reception of the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. Catholics believe this event to be very important, as the Eucharist is one of the central focuses of the Catholic Church.Here is looking so solemn after the event. The following day, he received what he called his second communion during the mass for the Immaculate Conception and then his third last Sunday. Too cute that he was counting :)
Dec 9, 2011
Three of our bosses treated us out to lunch at YakiMIX at the Podium yesterday and it was the best of the Christmas treats so far! Their lunch buffets opens at 11am to 230 and when we called to reserve a table for 6, they were already full but we can just walk in. Fortunately, we were at YakiMIX at 1145 and were seated promptly. Below is the buffet area set-up. I love the hanging chandeliers and wanted to bring it home, haha. The decor was very tasteful and the ambiance was great. While there grills at the table, it was really smokeless and we didn't smell of food when we got out. Our first stop was at the sushi area. There were lots to choose from and I got one of each. I cant decide which one is my favorite though.I also had greens from the salad bar and topped it with the white sauce (I forgot what its called).
So was it good? Yes it was not only because it was free but because I know the food and they were really good and I enjoy the company of the people I was with. The food at Seven Corners was way better because of the variety but the price was 3x more too so I guess for the price of P500, it was very much worth it. Will I eat at YakiMIX again? Yes, as soon as I have the budget. Will I recommend it to my friends? Definitely! We are actually planning to go there again next week!
Dec 8, 2011
She was actually fitted the ear mold last November 18 but the unit was only delivered from abroad last December 6. My mom and my sister went to American Hearing and the proper use of the device was explained to them, as well as the warranty. Unfortunately, since the amount granted by PCSO was for P10,000 and two units cost P17,976 and I don't have any excess budget for that, we just got batteries that I hope will be enough for several months. My mom wears the hearing aid for only 1 hour a day, escalating to two hours the following day and so on per instructions of American Hearing. She can wear it for the whole day after two weeks so it will be a lot easier talking to my mom in the coming weeks! What a very great Christmas gift this is for my mom and our family! Salamat ulit sa PCSO!
To see how we applied for the hearing aid at PCSO, check out these posts here, and here and here.
Dec 7, 2011
Happy Wednesday everyone! Let's count our blessings with both hands! Happiness is:
1. My son Danniel's first communion. He looked so angelic and very solemn during the mass.
2. My mother finally got her hearing aid. It was a grant from PCSO.
3. One Christmas party down, a lot more to go.
4. Diet is officially suspended during the holidays.
5. The fun we had making our mask for the party.
6. The lechon last night at the party and the Elarz lechon from Pakyaw.
7. Free ice cream from Vangie because she won cash from the raffle last night.
8. Snickers chocolate from Ms Ria. And I ate only half. The other half is for emergency use only, ha ha.
9. Slowly but surely paying off loans, thanks to the 13th month pay.
10. First Christmas gift from a client.
To see how this started and for credits on the image, click here.
Dec 6, 2011
I tell you, it was very pleasant experience to ride that Pagoda and rest while the kids pedal to keep the boat moving. If only they were that noisy, I could have fallen asleep! And here is my mother posing beside the lake of the Pedal and Paddle station. Happy Ruby Tuesday everyone!
Dec 5, 2011
You can just see from their smiles and laughter that they were enjoying themselves and Mommy was being annoying trying to take their pictures, ha ha!
Having fun at the trampoline! Good thing they are 9 and 7 years old or I would be hovering all over them because they may hurt themselves.
At least they still find time to stay still for me!
Those balls are for the canons they use to shoot at floating balls.
And sometimes at Mommy as she tries to take more pictures, ha ha!
Jumping at this sea of balls!
And sliding down at these giant slides! The kids played for almost two hours and because we were not that familiar with Sm North Edsa we decided not to leave the kids and just wait for them.
While it was a very short and enjoyable two hours for the kids, it was a sleepy, noisy and long afternoon for the adults. Too bad, Active Fun had nothing to offer to the waiting parents because otherwise, we would have stayed longer.