Feast Day of the Sto. Niño

Jan 16, 2012

We bought this Sto. Niño when we went to Cebu last August and seeing that it was the Feast Day of the Sto. Niño last Sunday, out family opted to attend the 3pm mass and join the procession.The procession in our parish was joined by 3 adjoining barangays: Santol, Sto. Niño and Imelda. We were not aware that it was supposed to be color-coded but we joined the procession anyway. People in yellow were from barangay Santol, those in red were from Sto. Niño, and those in green were from Imelda.
The procession was fun, lively and disorganized and we loved it! There were Ati-Atihan dancers from Barangay Santol and despite a map of the procession, and the marshals, we went the wrong way! Good thing we were able to join the procession after one street :)
The Ati-Atihan dancers made the procession more fun and we were all dancing with our Sto. Niño's to the beat of the drums. There were also a lot of Sto. Niño on the procession but these two caught my attention:The Sto. Niño dressed as a native and this Barbie below. I am not sure if this a Sto. Niño or what, but a little girl was waving it around.
And this is my family with our Sto. Niño de Cebu. I hope that we can make this into a yearly devotion. My kids enjoyed the procession and were asking me questions about the feast day.
The procession took more than two hours but we left feeling happy and satisfied for having join in the celebration of the Feast Day of the Sto. Niño!


2 comments: to “ Feast Day of the Sto. Niño

  • Anonymous
    March 10, 2013  

    Good day Ma'am, I am a Mass communication student and I just want to ask if I can borrow one of your pictures here? I just need the third picture above for my requirement, a newspaper, for our journalism class. But don't worry because i'll put your name there for you to be credited. I just need a picture for my article. Thankyou. --Dearlyn

  • Dinah
    March 11, 2013  

    Hi Dearlyn,
    If you can send me an email from your own email address and not from Anonymous, that would be fine. Thanks!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster