Pinaputok na Tilapia

Jan 4, 2012

One of my goals for this coming year is to try my hand at cooking again. My mother reigns in our kitchen and she really cooks great so I do not have to lift a finger to make the meal for the family. But from time to time, I ask my husband what he would like to eat and he would ask for a dish that I wish I can cook. For New Year's media noche, he requested steamed fish but I was too lazy to set up a steamer so I made this Pinaputok na Tilapia instead. (click for larger image)

The ingredients are in the picture above. Not in the picture are oil or butter and kalamansi. The ingredients are same with any grilled bangus, plus onion leaves and tanglad. Brush the fish lightly with oil or butter on both sides and a little kalamansi or lemon. Then put the filling inside. Lay it on foil wrapper and sprinkle with onion leaves and some sliced ginger. You can choose to put some tanglad beside the fish or inside(if you wont be putting tomatoes and onions). Then make sure to seal the foil completely and grill over medium fire.
The heat inside the foil must not escape and it will cook and steam the fish inside. No need to turn the fish to the other side as it will cook already from the steam. Cook for 15-20 minutes an serve hot. You can choose to have a dipping sauce of soy sauce and kalamansi. Enjoy!


2 comments: to “ Pinaputok na Tilapia

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster