Apr 26, 2012
|BFF Spa Blue Ridge Branch|
|the eager spa goers|
|the massage-ready husbands|
|bff spa services and pricelist|
Blue Ridge Katipunan Branch
225 Katipunan Avenue, Blue Ridge Quezon City
When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day is not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and two cups of coffee.
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and fills it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured it into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “YES”.
The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.
“Now,” said the professor, as the laughter subsided, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things - God, family, children, health, friends, and favorite passions. Things, that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the things that matter like your job, house, and car. The sand is everything else -- the small stuff.” he said.
“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued, “There is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you...” he told them.
“So... pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Worship with your family. Play with your children. Take your partner out to dinner. Spend time with good friends. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the dripping tap. Take care of the golf balls first -- the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled and said, “I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.”
Apr 25, 2012
1. Winning free tickets to the special screening of Avengers.
2. Losing 4 lbs. Yehey!
3. The delicious ham and cheese bread roll last night.
4. 2 slices of pizza for merienda from Vangie. Yummy!
5. Watching again old favorite movies like Braveheart and Cliffhanger.
6. Having time to watch those old movies.
7. The spa treat with friends last Friday.
8. The vouchers I bought for my beautification project, ha ha.
9. The goodnight kisses from my kids. I feel so loved.
10. Cuddling with my husband.
For credits on the image and to see how this started, click here.
Apr 23, 2012
Apr 19, 2012
pribadong paaralan na pangmayaman ang aking pinasukan bilang scholar. Kaya lagi lamang ako
sa library para magbasa. Hanggang ngayon ay dala ko ang hilig kong ito. Lagi akong nasa mga book sale at garage sale sa paghanap ng mga magandang libro. At dahil alam ng aking mga kaibigan na mahilig ako sa libro, ito ang kalimitan nilang ibinibigay sa akin. At hayan ang itsura ng isa sa mga lagayan ko ng libro sa itaas.
At dahil alam nga sa aming opisina na mahilig akong magbasa, nakaipon na ako ng isang malaking kahon ng libro sa ilalim ng aking desk. Oo, babasahin ko pa lang ang iba diyan at hindi ko na rin mauwi sa bahay sa dami.
Pero ayos lang, masarap naman talagang magbasa! May blog nga din pala ako tungkol sa aking pagkahilig sa mga aklat.
Apr 18, 2012
Happy Wednesday to all! Its midweek already and a lot has happened for us to be thankful for! Happiness is:
1. The unplanned outing with friends last Saturday for the birthday of Jheff and Blanda. So fun to go out and just chill with friends!
2. The food at the outing and the take out too! Thanks for the balot, Bunny!
3. My eyelashes. I meant my semi-permanent eyelash extensions.
4. Great Taste White Coffee. Makes for a perfect breakfast.
5. Paa ng manok with maanghang na suka. Yummy!
6. Car park sticker. Yehey!
7. The body scrub/massage voucher for next week!
8. New clothes!
9. Looking forward to Avengers movie.
10. Chocolates, cakes and my diet. Ha ha.
To see how this started and for credits on the image, click here.
Apr 15, 2012
And of course, Nuffnangers unite as PLDT myDSL and Nuffnang Philippines invite you to watch an exclusive screening of The Avengers on April 26, Thursday, 8:30pm at the Shangri-La Cineplex!
See you there guys!
Apr 11, 2012
Belated Happy Easter to everybody! Our Lord gave up his life for our life so we must always be thankful for this blessing! Happiness is:
1. The rest and relaxation brought by the 5-day weekend!
2. Our family's first ever Visita Iglesia experience.
3. Staying at our Montalban home for a long weekend! Bliss!
4. The family outing last Monday, thanks to my sister-in-law, Ate Melen!
5. The great movie last night, Battleship, with my hubby and Ehms and Paul. Thank you very much to Blanda and Bobot for the free premiere tickets.
6. Wendy's frosty.
7. Pili nuts, pasalubong from Blanda and Vangie. Yummy!
8. Our meryenda, Pansit, later. Hungry already, he he.
9. Kris' job interview and exam later. Hope she gets a job for the summer.
10. The kid's sunburned faces and their joy during our swimming.
These are just the things I am thankful for this week. For credits on the image and to see how this started, check here.
Apr 8, 2012
Our next stop was at St. Peter Parish along Commonwealth. It is a very beautiful church, inside and out! I will post more pictures about it on separate post later.
The next church we visited was the San Jose de Ampid Parish in San Mateo, Rizal. It was one the churches that I prayed to when our house was under construction. It was closed but we can see the covered altar from where we were praying.
The next church was the Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Aranzazu. It was also closed but there was a big group of parishioners getting ready for their own Visita Iglesia.
Our next church was Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary in Rodriguez, Rizal. It was just beside the municipal hall. The church was very quiet.
Our most favorite church so far was the St. Raphael Archangel Parish located almost near Wawa in Rodriguez Rizal. It was pretty, inside and out, and was very quiet. We can hear crickets while we were praying. This is a kind of church that I can imagine myslef getting married.
And the last church we said our prayers and concluded our Visita Iglesia was in San Jose chapel in Montalban. This is already on the way inside Dela Costa Homes where we have a home.
It was great experience for the family. Truth be told, I am not sure if we followed the rules in Visita Iglesia, but one this is for sure, we loved visitng these churches and saying our prayers. I hope that we each of use got our prayers answered.
Apr 4, 2012
Will try and book Laoag for the family :p
Today is the last day of the work week before the start of the long weekend for the Easter vacation and of course, office slaves that we are cannot contain our happiness anymore for seeing such freedom on the horizon! But we must always remember that this is not just a time for vacation, but a time for togetherness and reflection. Happiness is:
1. Long vacation at the dream house.
2. Looking forward to our very first Visita Iglesia tomorrow. The plan is to visit 7 churches and do the stations of the cross from our church here in QC to our house in Montalban.
3. The 2-day finance training that I had last week. I need more.
4. My polyps have shrunk! Can breathe properly now and hopefully for the next 6 months they wont grow back again.
5. Side effects of the steroids starting to wane. Hay, drugs are really bad for you, even necessary ones!
6. No serious weight gain despite the eating for the medications! Yey!
7. Feeling quite sexy with my high heeled shoes!
8. Our van is almost one year old! Well, its technically more than 20 years old but its been with us for almost one and it has never let us down so far.
9. Looking forward to spending a day of reflection and rest this weekend!
10. Making swimming plans.
To see how this started and for credits on the image, click here.