My City Buffet Robinsons Galleria Experience

May 8, 2012

Last week, to properly bid goodbye to one of our office mates and friend who would be transferring to his new job, we ate at The City Buffet Restaurant in Robinsons Galleria. For the price of P449 for an eat-all-you-can lunch buffet, it was worth it.  It was actually a lunch treat so it was more than worth it for us because we ate for free :-) And you just add P59 for unlimited drinks.
Same with Yakimix, taking pictures of the food is not allowed  but we managed to take some of the buffet area.
The right side of the buffet spread has the soup and the grilled stuff.  For me, there were actually more food choices at Yakimix because of the choices for grilling.
This was plate no. 1 for me.   Weird, the shrimps were just half.  I think the other half was cooked as tempura.
And this is plate no. 2.  Notice that I keep coming back to the sushi spread.  I just love them!  And notice again the bodyless shrimp?
 Of course, the highlight of the meal must be the dessert and while it did not disappoint, I was happier with Yakimix.  Below is the halo-halo section.  They took a long time to bring out some ice though.
And this was the cake and toppings section for the ice cream.  So few gummy bears :(
And these were my favorite desserts and what made eating at The City Buffet Restaurant fun!



This is the dessert section.  I loved the blueberry cheesesake!  But I didn't get to try the other desserts because I was full already.

So the verdict, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best buffet experience, I gave Yakimix an 8 while I give City Buffet a 6.  Its actually just a poor imitation of Yakimix for me.   So if I were to eat in a buffet again, between the two, it would be Yakimix.


26 comments: to “ My City Buffet Robinsons Galleria Experience

  • ABSALON
    May 27, 2012  

    I felt short changed when I took my dinner just a while ago. I called 9am earlier to make sure that they will serve crabs for dinner. I was so delighted that there was indeed crabs cooked as they told me over the phone - Hongkong style spicy crab. After going for 3 to 4 chop pieces, the serving plate was gone never to return again. I told the rude manager that I specifically dined in because of the crab serving but he told me that they just served the last one. I went in at 5:30PM and that was the last serving? He told me further that it was a left over from lunch buffet. Totally tactless. I asked him if it will be correct to charge me for my dinner which I am not fully satisfied. The tactless manager told me that I have to pay in full because I started eating already.
    Next time you think of eating in this place, make sure that they will continously serve your favourite dishes.
    I just hope the manager is not one of the owners.

  • Anonymous
    June 13, 2012  

    sir. wow!... really? so you called at 9 am. came at 5:30 pm. and expected that they cook you a whole tray of crabs for 30 people just for you? nice... you should have came at 12 noon or atleast 6:30 pm. then maybe you would have got the service you deserve... really people like you annoy me... sorry ha. but dude? really? 5:30? then you expected a tray. most restos aren't even open yet.. have yet to cook the food at that time.

  • Anonymous
    June 16, 2012  

    Wow seriously, i can't help but laugh at your reply to absalon's post, you must be too stupid to even comprehend to what his post is all about.

    He called 9am and ASK ABOUT DINNER NOT LUNCH moron.

    Should come at 6:30PM? Well unfortunately moron we are talking about city buffet which is OPEN starting 5:00PM for dinner. So you mean to say they are open for business yet their buffet spread is not yet cooked and ready? I don't think they are as dumb as you dude. And read again (although i really doubt your comprehension had improved by then) absalon mention it was the last serving, so if they have the last serving by 5:30PM what do you get at 6:30PM? Man, you don't even have common sense. Really people like you really makes me laugh, what a jackass...hahaha

  • Anonymous
    June 28, 2012  

    I WENT TO CITY BUFFET FOR THE 1ST TIME FOR DINNER AND I LIKED IT (FOOD, PRICE, AMBIANCE), SO I DECIDED TO COME BACK 2 WEEKS AFTER FOR MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY. I CALLED A WEEK AND A DAY PRIOR TO THE DAY BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY'LL HAVE A BIRTHDAY SONG AND CAKE READY WHEN WE GET THERE. THE STAFF (EFREN, I THINK) CONFIRMED THAT MY REQUESTS WILL BE ALL SET AND I JUST NEED TO GIVE THEM A GO SIGNAL WHEN TO APPROACH US TO GIVE THE SURPRISE BIRTHDAY SONG AND CAKE. UNFORTUNATELY AND MUCH TO MY DISMAY, THESE NEVER CAME. I HAD TO APPROACH THE DESSERT BAR, GET THE TINY CAKE MYSELF AND GIVE TO TO MY DAUGHTER WITHOUT THE BIRTHDAY SONG WHICH THE STAFF HAS CONFIRMED WILL BE ALL SET. I'D GIVE THEM A GRADE OF 7 FOR THE FOOD AND PRICE, BUT A 3 FOR MY DISAPPOINTMENT WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE =/

  • Anonymous
    July 08, 2012  

    It takes time for them to refill their dishes. You also have to get their staff's attention to clear your table. Though you have to cook your own food in Tong Yang, their customer service is way better.

  • Anonymous
    July 08, 2012  

    just had lunch at city sm fairview.. I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK AGAIN. food was BLAND. half served shrimp, very fatty sisig, the rest was plain mediocre. i should have gone to TONG-YANG instead. sweetened ribs. the flan was more of a sweet omelet for that matter. the salad was un fresh. Jesus! paid 1600 for food that is not even close to what we expected. i will not recommend this restaurant. it's more or QUANTITY than QUALITY but still not a value for your money. even the SODA'S have less soda water to make you feel FULL. even my kids did not like the simplest of food such as friend hotdog and spaghetti. very very disappointing for such a very nicely done facade. do not eat here unless they will re think their menu. and what's ironic of all is.. IT'S SEAFOOD day but they only have FISH and SHRIMP and anorexic MUSSELS. eeeeeew!

  • Anonymous
    July 25, 2012  

    Last Sunday, we ate at city buffet Galleria along with my Family. I am so disappointed with the servings knowing that it’s a buffet but its look like they given it by installment. And during weekend is seafood day. I wasn’t able to eat Shrimp in HK style they only served that shrimp once … I thought it’s a buffet! But its not. The grilled seafood we asked given were only limited 7 too small and this is by request we waited for it more than an hour. Yes a lot dessert was being offered but the main course is only limited. Maybe I suggest to improve more on the servings being serve to customers considering it’s a BUFFET! And one more thing the waiter who was assigned in refilling the food is so rude he keep looking at you everytime you get food. Is that the way they were trained. City buffet better improve more.

  • Anonymous
    July 29, 2012  

    thanks for all the comments about city buffet,I'm plan to go there with my family and friends on August 17, thats why I search it in goole about this city buffet,but thanks for reminding me, and sharing your experience, i decided not to go there.

  • Anonymous
    July 31, 2012  

    try vikings or buffet 101 walng sinabi tong city buffet restaurant at yakimix!

  • Anonymous
    August 05, 2012  

    My family and i just had lunch at City Buffet SM Fairview today and we were unanimous in deciding that we will not go back and eat at this restaurant. Everything about City buffet is mediocre. The food is below average - there was a variety, but much to our dismay, even if it looks delicious, it didn't really satisfy in the taste department. It took a long while for the staff to refill empty food trays, even the ice from the drinks vending machine ran out pretty quickly. The service is beyond disappointment. They didn't react quickly, they'll wait for you to call them and get used plates. I was so pissed i took the initiative to give them the used plates, and the manager just smiled at me, without even saying thank you. I won't recommend this restaurant but for a price of 539, it may satisfy your hunger but don't expect to much.

  • Anonymous
    August 06, 2012  

    good thing i search reviews for city buffet..planning to celebrate my father in law's bday thid wed at city buffet sana..ty!

  • Anonymous
    August 13, 2012  

    tnx for the reviews... im planning to have a lunch there w/ fiance... i'm really looking for quality food, good service of the staff & good ambiance of buffet that will satisfy my craving ... i love the style of buffet but the thing that i read from your comment is worst ... so i decide not to go there...City buffet management should be aware of the good& bad comment to improved there service

  • VSM
    September 09, 2012  

    haha on anonymous 1! i wish you'd read and understand the post before you make any comments. down right hillarious! haha

  • Anonymous
    September 09, 2012  

    Salamat sa mga comments nyo,hindi na rin ako magta try na kumain diyan,try ko sana ehehehe antayin ko nalang yung opening ng Vikings sa Sm Marikina :)

  • Anonymous
    September 18, 2012  

    planning to dine at city buffet too for my niece's despedida but with what i've read here, it changed my mind....rather go to yakimix.

  • Anonymous
    October 17, 2012  

    I just gone to this restaurant this past Sunday at my sister's birthday and i got satisfied. Maybe it's on another branch, at SM Fairview to be exact. I was able to taste my favorite food like sushi, sashimi and roast beef. From start to finish, i feel coming back to that restaurant again, not on Robinson's branch but on SM Fairview.

  • Anonymous
    October 19, 2012  

    Plan to celebrate my baby's baptismal at City Buffet, but with all the negative comments above, might go to YakiMIX instead. The management SHOULD take ACTIONS!!! #Disappointed :(

  • Anonymous
    November 02, 2012  

    Just had lunch at City Buffet in Galleria last Oct 29. It was a good experience, serving is almost like Yakimix (except for the smokeless grill). It was a Monday, so for a price of 399php... there's nothing to complain about. Yakimix, Tong-yang, Dad's, Vikings, 101... they're all more expensive. City Buffet is way better than Kamay Kainan or Cabalen at least. It's value for your money. I recommend the place for budget conscious peeps who still wants good food.

  • Anonymous
    March 16, 2013  

    Thank you for the feed back. I planned to eat here sana kaso after reading those comments, I decided not to try City Buffet.

  • Anonymous
    March 18, 2013  

    kakain lng nmin dto ng boyfriend ko for our first anniversary.. nabusog nman ako pero its just about quantity and not quality .. madami ka mkakain pero hnd nman gnun kasasarap mga pagkain ..

  • Anonymous
    March 28, 2013  

    everybonding namin esp kpg may bday, citybuffet agad ang nsa isip namin. winner ang foods, ambiance,at price.. for me its better than tongyang.

  • Anonymous
    April 12, 2013  

    I had the same bad and disappointing experience as Anonymous 3 in May last year. I made a reservation 1 week in advance to surprise my daughter with a birthday cake & song. I called City Buffet twice to make this reservation, 1st was 1 week advance & 2nd the day before we went. At both times, the resto staff confirmed my requests will be done. After dining & waiting for some time for the cake, I already talked to 2 waiters to give instruction of my request, but no one came. I had to go to the dessert bar twice to remind them to serve it while they sing her a birthday song. After waiting again, I just went to the dessert bar & got the tiny cake myself, gave it to my daughter & sang to her myself. Despite the good food & price, I was very very disappointed & would never go back here to celebrate any occasion. Vikings is a lot, lot better when you want to celebrate a special occasion & make it even extra special.

  • Anonymous
    April 12, 2013  

    i reccommend VIKINGS (MOA OR SM MARIKINA) OR BUFFET 101 (MOA)... hindi sya cheaper price like city buffet pero masasarap tlga ung mga food.. pang 5 star hotel ung mga food dun.. and im sure u gonna love it.. at babalikan neo tlga. kailangan lng mg pa reserve bgo pumunta doon... pra sure na makakapasok tlga... indemand kc tlga ung dlwa na un kea sobrang binabalikan tlga... =) wg na keo mgdalawang isip try neo na... masarap tlga ung mga food... =)

  • Anonymous
    May 14, 2013  

    Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's a good thing I got to read your comments first before trying this out.... a few not so yummy food in a buffet spread is forgivable but disappointing dining experience due to poor customer service is a big no no for me.



  • Anonymous
    June 24, 2013  

    Nakakaturn off

  • Anonymous
    February 26, 2014  

    Sarap ng Avocado ice cream dito :D Super like!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster