Plaza Burgos in Vigan

Oct 9, 2012

During our last day in Ilocos, lunch was at Cafe Leona in Calle Crisologo before we head back to Manila.  Since we left the hotel at 9am, we had some time to buy souvenirs and pasalubongs before lunch.  I went in search of the empanadahan, and had time to take a quick photo at Plaza Burgos.
The plaza is just beside St. Paul's Cathedral.  I didnt have time to go inside the church, but I fondly remember this church because I said one prayer there the first time I came to visit, and  I knew came true!
Plaza Burgos was constructed to honor the martyrdom of Father Jose P. Burgos, who was part of the famous GOMBURZA, who were executed and became martyrs.

Oh, and one other structure that will catch your eye is this McDonald's that tries very hard to fit in among old buildings, but sadly, it cant. Oh well, that is the price we have to pay for progress, even in a heritage site.


0 comments: to “ Plaza Burgos in Vigan

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster