A River Experience

May 17, 2013

Two weeks ago, my family, together with my sister and her family went home to Batangas for the weekend.  And straight from our 3-hour road trip, we went to the river near their place for a dip. I thought my kids, who are city born and bred would find bathing in the river uncool.  But I was pleasantly surprised that they loved it! They begged for more even after 4 hours and wading and playing in the water, and eating lunch too.  Too bad it was threatening to rain!
This is the river where we went.  Downstream, the kids and the not so young ones were enjoying the cool and clear waters, and there were also some ladies washing clothes.  Just like how I remember it from my childhood! 
While I was not in the water wading with my kids, I was walking upstream taking these pictures of the river and of dragon flies! Just like when I was young! 
What a fun experience it was! I was able to share with my kids what I did when I was a child and I loved it that they loved it as much as I did.  Too bad we were not staying in Batangas longer for them to be able to repeat the experience.


0 comments: to “ A River Experience

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster