Our Very Pleasant Stay at House of Big Brother, Palawan

Oct 24, 2013


We went to Palawan last week and we all had a great time, largely because we stayed at a very nice hotel: the House of Big Brother.  This hotel is located conveniently at Manalo St. in Puerto Princesa City which is just a tricycle ride away to all the destinations in the city tour.  It is also a stone-throw away from Balinsasayaw restaurant, which is a very popular restaurant in the city and a 5-minute ride from the airport (P50 fare in tricycle).  Now that you know how convenient its location is, let me now tell you why we loved it!

Below are the pictures of the hotel lobby, the cute swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water fountain and the common lounge.  There is Wifi in the lobby and the common areas, and the light in the pool changes color at night from blue to red to green which was a hit with my kids.  It is also right in front of our room and they have strict instructions for the guests to register, and shower, and not to spit while at the pool and common areas to enforce cleanliness. The lounge, while not air conditioned had several electric fans which made staying there quiet nice.  There is also a hot and cold water dispenser for all the guests.  The guests were not noisy because there were several discrete signs and reminders to be considerate of other guests.

Now let me tell you about our room.  I reserved the family room with three beds in the pool side area.  It comes with 3 double-sized bed, a very clean bathroom with hot and cold shower, its own kitchen with ref, microwave, rice cooker and convection cooker as well as eating and cooking utensils.  The table was able to seat all 7 of us comfortably, and the water pressure at both the bathroom and at the sink was good.  We had a big LCD wall-mounted TV and the aircon was very cool.  There were many clothes hanger and there were 2 cabinets and a safe. I was able to cook our breakfast and dinner for our 3 nights at the hotel.  They also have a grill which my husband used to cook 2 nights in a row!  The beds were more than enough for the 5 of us and there were 2 pillows and 2 throw pillows each for each beds so we had more than enough.  I really, really loved our room, and I was even able to get a discount! Talk about value for money! It was well-worth it!

Below is our happy family during our stay.  The staff was very helpful and friendly.  I had no problem at all with them from booking the hotel room and anytime during our 4-day stay.  My kids were very happy with my choice of hotel, and they love the pool and the wifi.  My husband love the TV and I love that it was equipped with a full-functioning kitchen! I was even able to ask for another cooking pan when I had 2 dishes to cook on our last night! The reservation desk was able to answer all our questions regarding tricycle fare and other places of interest.  I really, really love our stay here and I highly recommend this hotel to everyone!


House of Big Brother
108 Manalo Street, Puerto Princesa City
bigbrotherhotel@yahoo.com
SMART: +63918-936-7767
GLOBE: +63917-88-22-44-2
Puerto Princesa PLDT Landline: (+63)(48) 723-5088




Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster