Conquering Mountains: Mt. Talamitam

Dec 13, 2013

Last November 30, we went for a hike at Mt. Talamitam in Brgy Aga in Batangas. We now have a group, the Nasugbu Adeventure Club, and together with some new-found friends, had a lot of fun climbing this 'easy' mountain.  But let me tell you, the climb was not easy!
The sun was nowhere to be seen and we were thankful because we were on open, rolling hills and farmland.  The wind was strong and there were occasional rain showers.  here was a long assault before the summit and the wind was blowing so hard.  We keep on losing our caps!  But the view on the summit was priceless! 

After a long photo session and once we've had our coffee, we went down a lot faster than we went up, hahahaha.  We also had a sidetrip to Layong Bato (or Layong Bilog) where we had a dip on the cold river to rest our tired legs.  The river was deep, maybe 15 feet or so and the water was so cold it immediately eased the soreness on my legs. We left after maybe an hour or so.


The jump-off to Mt. Talamitam is in Bgry Aga in Nasugbu. The bus and van drivers knows this place well. There was a registration fee of P20 and a guide fee of P300 for a group of 5 or so. 

This is said to be an easy climb but again based on my personal experience, no climb is really easy.  The more mountains I climb, the more humbled I become when I reach the summit! And the more mountains I climb, the more mountains there are to climb. I so love it!





Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster