X-MEN: Days of Future Past

May 14, 2014


"What would you correct from your past to save the future?"
I did not have a happy childhood.  If there is one thing in my life that I will try to correct, it would be for my parents to stay together so that we could have been a family.  I could have finished my academic scholarship from one of the prestigious high schools in the country and gone on to study at the country's premier college.  Then I could have gotten a better and high paying job, then it will be much easier to provide for my family.  My kids would have known their grandfather, and I know that he would have been so proud of me, my husband and especially my kids.  It was too bad that his health suffered because of his choices, and he died when I was still in high school, and our family started to fall apart.  My sister and I did finish our education with no small amount of hard work and sometimes a little bit of luck.  And while I know that it was difficult early on, it shaped me to become the mother I am today. I will always try to be the best version of me for them, no matter how I became me.  So while I would have wanted to correct something in my past, I am perfectly content with who I am and what I have. But it wouldn't hurt to have that choice.


Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster