Guinataang Kuhol

Apr 13, 2015

I love guinataang kuhol, but unfortunately, I did not know how to cook this dish.  When I was a kid, I used to eat this because my lola loved cooking the dish.  But I was not allowed near the kitchen then so I didn't know how it was prepared.
When I went to the market last Saturday, my suking fish vendor was selling a fresh batch and I had a thousand questions for him on how it was prepared.  He showed me how to crack the shell (crack the tip with a flat knife).  Another customer took pity on me and told me how it was prepared.  It was surprisingly very easy, no different from cooking tahong! The only difference is you have to crack the kuhol and soak it for several hours to expel mud/soil. Change the water several times.


So the ingredients: 
1 kilo kuhol, ginger, garlic, onions, chilies kangkong leaves, coconut milk and coconut cream.
ingredients
How to cook:
1. Sautee garlic, onion and ginger
2. Add the kuhol.  The kuhol will expel water.
3. Add coconut milk and let simmer.
4. Add coconut cream and simmer some more
5. Add chilies and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the kangkong leaves, let simmer for 1 minutes and voila, it's done! (You know its done when the coconut cream is rendering oil). 

how to cook
You are now ready to enjoy your guinataang kuhol!






0 comments: to “ Guinataang Kuhol

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster