Is it Mumps?

Apr 10, 2015

I am still awake at 1am and thought to blog about why. My youngest is feverish and she has swollen glands under her ears.  I suspect mumps. While I haven't brought her to the doctor yet since I have read its viral and you really can't treat it (your own immunity must fight it), I am treating her symptoms to relive her of the pain. I gave her paracetamol and hot and cold compress for the swelling. She ate both lunch and dinner, thankfully, and drinks plenty  of water. But as can be expected, she is cranky.

Anyway, I hope she gets better soon so I won't need to bring her to the doctor.  I hope its not mumps but I am still taking precautions, especially for her siblings because it is contagious.


0 comments: to “ Is it Mumps?

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster