Sambo Kojin Buffet: Not All Buffets are Created Equal

Aug 3, 2015

Last week, our friend Rona, who was gone for 8 months to study abroad and who had her birthday last July 19, treated us to dinner at Sambo kojin. The rate was P749 per adult for dinner, and the celebrant gets to eat free 3 days before and 3 days after her birthday. So we had 3 hours of food and catching up to do.
The conversation was light and funny and it was as if we were not away for 8 months.  That's just how true friends are: you don't need to see each other everyday to know that you have each other's back the whole time. 

The food at Sambo kojin was Japanese and Korean.  I love Japanese food but I don't have a particular fondness for Korean dishes.  So I loved their Sushi and Sashimi, and their Ramen, but I didn't get to try any of the Korean cooked dishes.  
We loved the yakinuku dishes, especially everything with bacon.  I tried the Ramen and it was good, although it took forever to be served to our table. 
There was nothing spectacular about the desserts.  The blueberry crepe looked yummy, and it tasted okay, not spectacular.  Same with the chocolate cake and the tarts.

I have tried Yakimix, Dad's, City Buffet and Seven Corners, so will I try Sambo kojin again? The answer is no. For the dinner price of 749, I think I would rather go to Yakimix. The atmosphere and the service that I have experienced in Yakimix was better than in Sambo kojin and there is nothing here that stands out for me: not the food, not the service and not the price.  


Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster