Can't Smell, Don't Care

Sep 24, 2015


I have been suffering with chronic sinusitis for some time and coupled with allergic rhinitis, life has not been pretty. Especially during seasons like this when my allergies are so bad, I can go on days with a stuffy, red, running nose, sneezing all-around (yeah, you can sing it like a Christmas carol, hahaha).  So I once again went to my doctor and asked for options.  He gave me new allergy meds but they don't seem to be working yet.  And I need some more nasal sprays. Ay, what else is new.

Of course, surgery has always been on the table.  I had my first Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery in 2003 and it has been an option in 2012 and again today. Unfortunately, my company health card will only cover partial of the cost and I haven't decided if I can have it done, given the budget consideration. So I am currently shopping around for options, and I hope that I can find a) a nice hospital that does FESS cheaper (than Medical City) or b) postpone it till I have a budget. Or, just continue with my current medications and hope that my symptoms don't get any worse than they already are.

I can't smell but I do care. 


0 comments: to “ Can't Smell, Don't Care

Post a Comment

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster