Danniel celebrated his 13th birthday last Tuesday, and I now have two teenagers! (and I am now officially ancient, hahaha) For dinner, we went as a family at Yakimix in Podium, and availed of the birthday promo. So we paid for only 4 dining guests. Unfortunately, they did not bother to sing to the celebrant, and when I asked, I should have requested for it. And when I ask if he can just get a cake, I was told to just get from the dessert station. Duh! Good thing Danniel really begged me not to make them sing otherwise I would have thrown a fit!
Anyway, it was a fund dinner as it was the kids' first time at Yakimix. There was nothing spectacular about the food. but the company of loved ones and the reason for the celebration more than made up for it!
Nov 16, 2015
Today is my daughter's career day at school and look at what she wore! Yes, she hopes to become a chef one day. Good thing, her cousin is studying to be one so a costume was readily available. My daughter is 12 and she enjoys cooking. She prepares sandwiches for us every Saturday as her way of honing her skills. She also knows how to cook Sinigang (with adult supervision, of course) and she knows how to cook rice as well.
I just hope that she really ends up with the career that she will be passionate about. And us parents, we will always try to help her achieve this dream!
Nov 11, 2015
3. TWD marathon
4. 500-calorie diet
5. Walking home from work as exercise
6. My new sporty earphones
7. Hugs and kisses from my kids
8. Shakeys Pizza treat from Di
9. Potluck office breakfast
10. Audiobooks during traffic.
To see how this started, click here.
Nov 10, 2015
My son got his non-professional drivers license last week. I will not get into the details on how to get a drivers license because 1) you can find it here and 2) it was just too painful to relive. Suffice it to say that when you try to teach your kid a lesson by not going through a fixer, you suffer. Yes.
Anyway, so my son now his driver's license. His first order of the day was to drive us to Puregold and have dinner at Jollibee. Yey! I now have a driver. I am not very good at driving manual, hehehe. If only I can trust him already and not have my heart in my throat the whole time!
Nov 5, 2015
1. Stay at home for the long weekend with the kiddos #teambahay kasi walang kotse, walang pera at walang pakialam, hahahaha!
2. Remembering my dearly departed father and mother-in-law and all other relatives and friends who are now with our maker.
3. The Walking Dead series from Ehms due to my first born's insistence. Now we are hooked!
4. My Inay for her unwavering support. I love my Inay, however kulit she can be.
5. My first born's new driver's license (despite the hassle of getting one!)
6. My renewed driver's license. I wish for a new car! Sana tumama na ko sa lotto!
7. My favorite series: IZombie, Quantico, Flash, How to Get Away with Murder, Scandal, Mr. Robot, Limitless, Supergirl and now TWD! The list is getting longer, hahaha. More time to waste and not look at that thesis, wahaaaahhhhhh!
8. Cancelled meeting with prospective thesis adviser. Was that a sign?
9. Sumang Dapa from Batangas, Chichacorn from Ilocos, Chocolates from Dubai, Peanut kisses from Bohol and more chocolatessssss from the Halloween trick or treat.I love my sister and office mates!
10. Planning a new climb, yey!
To see how this started and for credits on the image, click here.
Nov 2, 2015
Today, we remember our loved ones who have died and gone on to heaven where we all long to go someday. And we, the living, can only say our prayers and wishes that they still look after us in this earth. This year, I was not able to visit my father's grave in Batangas. I can't actually remember when I was there to visit last. But he is always in my prayers. My dad passed away when I was just in high school, and my husband and kids didn't have the chance to meet him. Still, he is a part of our lives. My eldest child was born a day after my dad's birthday, and my second son was born on his death anniversary. He is always remembered.
My mother-in-law who passed away last year is buried in Ilocos. And it is with a very heavy heart that we were not able to pay our respects on her grave this day. If I am sad, I can only imagine how my husband feels. But such is life. There are things that are better left unsaid. I am sure that wherever she is, my mother-in-law would understand what happened. After all, she is one of the most selfless person I know. If I am even just half of a mother that she was, then I am a good mother. She will always be in my prayers, and I wish she would pray for our family too.